Welcome! Today’s SHEro is Lysa Black, who has been a life coach for the last seven years, after overcoming eating disorders. She finally allowed compassion and forgiveness to heal her lifelong disorders and transform her life in all areas.
Join me for an inspiring conversation with Lysa!
In this episode, Lysa shares:
- How it took her a while to realise that she had been an overeater for her whole life, and that this was a barrier to loving herself and loving others.
- She lived in Japan for awhile, lost weight, and then realised that the extra weight was not the root of her problems.
- As she looked for love, she embarked on the journey to love herself.
- “Layer by layer, I fell into deep acceptance, realising that real love is simply a lack of judgement.”
- Her belief that many women hide behind their weight.
- That she believes that when we encounter pain, it means that we are out of alignment with the truth.
- How she embraced the pain of trying every way possible to obtain a man’s love, and it was fruitless.
- How we try to fulfil the desires of true love, freedom, true power, and true connection.
- That she has no shadows or inhibitions any longer, and has met and married an old friend who became her husband.
- The Secret of Love: “We are all deeply afraid of love because it is unexplainable and unfathomable. We fear the lack of control in love.”
- You have to be deeply committed to loving yourself, and then the relationship with a partner can be a reflection of that love.
- Lysa’s biggest success: “Forgiving my mother has been a beautiful gift that has brought much power into my life, and I love that I can love her now!”
“That pain is a call to healing.”
“Our wounds are where the light gets in.” – Rumi
Lysa Black has been coaching for 7 years; 'Binge eating' was the foundation of her initial work after finally allowing forgiveness and compassion to heal her life long eating disorder. Soon a wide range of dependency based needs came forward, and Lysa felt to use the same skills and steps to support women out of depending on alcohol, marajuana, over-spending and casual one night stands to see that the feeling we can't feel will compel our shadow behaviours.
Healing is a process of reclaiming our truth, a process which returns us home to our purpose, power and peace.
Lysa was led to heal her patterns of anxiety, binge eating and romantic break-ups. She now leads and guides women through their own self-healing experience, home to the power of their truth.
Connect With Lysa:
Interview Links And Resources:
Lysa's book: Heart Healing
Free Gift: Healing Love Letter that your heart needs most right now