Welcome! My guest today is Denise Dare, who knows the importance of cultivating the practice of self-love, and how this practice can allow you to honour and see your beautiful self.
Denise is a dreamer, writer, mystic, and home-educating, hippy mom of two daughters. She is a thought leader who began The Self-Love Sisterhood online community in 2015. This year, she is offering her first online course, The Sacred Art of Self-Love, to help women honour and love their beautiful sacred selves.
Let’s catch up with Denise!
In this episode, you'll hear:
- Although self-love can be different for everyone, it embodies inquiry, awareness, and discovery.
- When Denise was a teenager, she felt the self-doubt and started asking questions and reading personal development books.
- Self-love has kept her afloat through challenges, failures, motherhood, etc.
- Denise explains how self-love allows her to be the mom she wants to be.
- Some of Denise’s favorite self-love practices include meditation, walking on the beach, yoga, meeting with girlfriends, etc.
- The greatest gift Denise has received from self-love is that she knows she’s “good enough” and doesn’t have to question herself.
- “Pain is for everyone, but suffering is our personal choice.”
- “There is always room for more forgiveness.”
- Denise advises surrounding yourself with supportive people and move others to the outer circle.
- Denise uses self-love practices with her clients in giving them permission to do what they want and defining what “having it all” means to each of us.
- She encourages her clients to meditate on what they want to “feel,” and determining what priorities matter most, and never losing the spirit of “play.”
- How do you incorporate more self-love? Denise says to start with ONE thing. For her, the ONE thing was to say “I love you” in the mirror.
- “Let it be inspired, not required.” (One of Denise’s favorite sayings)
- For Denise, self-love includes gratitude, reading uplifting books, and nourishing the body.
- She says to ask, “How can I nurture the little girl inside me?”
Top 4 Tips To From Denise:
- Practice gratitude for yourself
- Think about something you can add to your schedule that makes you feel loved
- Be playful
- Be open to sisterhood and ask for help when you need it
“Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.” -Barbara Haynes Hewitt
Favourite Fictional Character:
Ayla from The Clan of the Cave Bears books
About Denise Dare:
At the heart of Denise’s vision is co~creating a world where work feels like play, hugs are medicine, and love comes first.
Denise is a home educating Cali mama, writer, mystic, and thought leader, happily featured by Positively Positive, Tiny Buddha, Elephant Journal and other rad places on the interwebs.
When she’s not teaching the art of self love, bold self expression and vibrant alignment, you can find Denise dancing with her daughters in the kitchen, practicing yoga on and off the mat, and walking barefoot on the beach.
Her signature Write from the Heart sessions inspire visionaries to release the fear and doubt that make writing feel hard, so they can tune into their authentic voice and express their message with grace.
Discover how to love, live and write from the heart at denisedare.com
Connect With Denise Dare:
Interview Links And Resources:
Denise Dare's Website
Self Love Sisterhood Group
Free Chakra Love Guide