Welcome To Season Two Of The Everyday SHEro Podcast!
In season two we are focusing on the enchanted Tools that you can incorporate into everyday life to fully support you as you follow Your SHEro's Journey.
And to start us off is the Super SHEro is Kris Oster, who loves to defy convention and be ANYTHING BUT NORMAL!
Kris teaches others to harness the power of archetypes, magic, and pleasure in everyday life to create more fun, meaning, clarity, and connection. She uses her knowledge and expertise to inspire entrepreneurs as she enjoys life with her family along the Santa Barbara coastline.
Join us for more magic from Kris!
In this episode, Kris shares:
- Kris’s love of mythology began in early childhood, reading stories after dinner. She grew up writing and illustrating books.
- “Children are aware of much more than adults and more open than adults are. They have no preconceptions.”
- As a pre-teen, she read the works of Joseph Campbell, saying, “Everything he said was magic to me.”
- At a young age, she had a spiritual orientation and became attune to angels.
- Archetypes are blueprints for how we act in the world and for attributes that reflect back to us.
- Kris started learning about archetypes and symbolism and reading tarot cards at age 12. “I lived in a state of reverie.”
- Her special gifts were valued by her family and those around her.
- She went to college and studied music, cultural anthropology, and music therapy. It was in graduate school that she discovered Mythological Studies.
- Kris says that we can use archetypes to frame our lives and ask, “What is my place in the world?”
- People who don’t “fit in” can find meaning and identity in archetypes.
- Kris’s book is Return to Enchantment: Your Guide to Creating a Magical Livelihood.
- Kris offers a course that follows her book and includes meditations and exercises.
- In everyday life, Kris uses oracle cards and her “archetypal imagination” to do the internal work that makes her business and life flow smoothly.
- She has learned how to turn even negative cards into something useful.
- Kris is currently developing a set of oracle cards that will provide people with meaning, purpose, confidence, and decision-making abilities.
- She advocates incorporating archetypes because they are carriers of powerful magic. Anyone can use journals and vision cards to create their own oracle.
Top 3 Tips To Add Enchantment To Your Day:
- Identify your favorite characters and why you love/hate them?
- Make time for reverie, imagination, and visualisations.
- Make a list of pleasures and fun that you can accomplish in 10-minute increments.
“We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are.” Anais Nin
Favourite Fictional Characters:
Maleficent, Harry Potter, and Mary Poppins
Kris Oster loves defying convention and is satisfied to be anything but ‘normal.’
She was a rock star marketing director and lead website developer for some pretty big names, including Citrix Online, E! Entertainment Television, Disney, ABC, Paramount Pictures. She even made her employer $1-million with a single e-newsletter once.
But, like you, she heard the siren’s call and decided to pursue a life of satisfaction, doing what she loves.
In her business and on her blog Kris inspires entrepreneurs who are determine to find more meaning in their business. Through coaching and consultations with heart-centered business owners, she helps them to uncover their own uniqueness and reveal their personal mythology.
When Kris isn’t working, you can find her basking along the Santa Barbara, CA coastline, playing her congas, going on dates with her sexy husband, playing in the surf with her 7-year old girl, or talking to Mer-Angels. Yup, literally.
Connect With Kris:
Interview Links And Resources:
Kris’s book is Return to Enchantment: Your Guide to Creating a Magical Livelihood
Free eBook: The Goddess Guide to Business Bliss